20-time Gland Slam winner Roger Federer will not be playing any clay court tournament in 2020 other than the French Open, his agent has confirmed. Federer was rumoured to take part in the Rome and Madrid Masters ahead of the second Grand Slam tournament of the year but they have been shut down for good.

“As his schedule states, he plans on playing just Roland Garros,” Tony Godsick told Reuters.

The 38-year-old Federer began his season with the Australian Open in January where, despite not playing a competitive match since ATP Tour Finals last year, he made the semi-finals where he lost to eventual champion Novak Djojovic.

In other to extend his international career, Federer has been steadily cutting down on the number of tournaments annually. He had also sat out of the inaugural ATP Cup in Australia to be with his family.

The confirmation means Federer will be out of action for almost two months.

He will though play at the Dubai Duty Free tennis championships next week followed by the BNP Paribas Open in California next month. The Miami Masters that gets underway from March 25, will be his last competitive event before the French Open.

Federer is also aiming to play at the Tokyo Olympics where he’ll bid for a maiden singles gold medal. “I’ve been debating with my team for a few weeks now, months actually, what I should do in the summer time (of 2020) after Wimbledon and before the US Open,” Federer had said last year. “At the end of the day my heart decided to play the Olympic Games again.”