Romania’s Simona Halep remained on top of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday, ahead of Wimbledon’s first round.
The Grand Slam tournament is due to take place from Monday and will continue till July 15 in London.
Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark maintained the second position with 6,910 points ahead of Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza, Wimbledon’s defending champion.
Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic climbed one spot to be world No. 7, replacing her compatriot Karolina Pliskova who dropped to the eighth.
Germany’s Angelique Kerber kicked United States’ Madison Keys off the top-10 list by occupying the 10th position.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 7,871 Points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,910
3. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,550
4. Sloane Stephens (USA) 5,463
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,250
6. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,960
7. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,610
8. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,315
9. Venus Williams (USA) 3,971
10. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 3,545.