Serbian Novak Djokovic stayed on top of the ATP rankings issued on Monday after being crowned at the 2019 Australian Open, while 20-time grand slam winner Roger Federer dropped to sixth from previously held third spot.
The world number one displayed a dominant performance in the Australian Open Final throughout the match, sealing the victory in straight sets with the scoreline of 6-3,6-2,6-3.
In the match, His opponent, Nadal looked nowhere close to his best in the match, as he missed out on playable returns which cost him some crucial points. Taking nothing away from Djokovic, the now, 15-time grand slam winner outplayed and outclassed his opponent through the match. This win also marks Djokovic’s seventh Australian Open title- he is the only player in history to do so.
Following are the latest ATP men’s tennis rankings with an unchanged top 10, reports Xinhua news agency.
1. Novak Djokovic, Serbia, 10,955 points
2. Rafael Nadal, Spain, 8,320
3. Alexander Zverev, Germany, 6,475
4. Juan Martin del Potro, Argentina, 5,060
5. Kevin Anderson, South Africa, 4,845
6. Roger Federer, Switzerland, 4,600
7. Kei Nishikori, Japan, 4,100
8. Dominic Thiem, Austria, 3,960
9. John Isner, United States, 3,155
10. Marin Cilic, Croatia, 3,140