India’s ace shuttler PV Sindhu gets knocked out of the ongoing Toyota Thailand Open Super 1000 tournament on Friday after losing against Ratchanok Intanon in straight games. The sixth seed Sindhu was no match for the local favourite Intanon who swept aside the Indian shuttler inside thirty-eight minutes. Intanon will now take on top seed Tai Tzu Ying in the semifinal clash. The match started on an even keel but Intanon changed gears after the mid-game interval and won back-to-back eight points to clinch the first game. The Thai shuttler started off from where she left in the second as she blew away her Indian counterpart.Also Read - PV Sindhu Wins Syed Modi International Badminton Title

Meanwhile, there’s some good news in the mixed doubles as Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Ashwini Ponappa entered the semifinal with a stunning win, but Sameer Verma’s impressive run at the came to an end after a gruelling battle on Friday. Also Read - Syed Modi International: PV Sindhu Enters Semis; HS Prannoy Bows Out

The unseeded pair of Satwik and Ashwini stunned fifth seeds and world no 6 Peng Soon Chan and Liu Ying Goh of Malaysia 18-21, 24-22, 22-20 after toiling hard for one hour and 15 minutes in a nail-biting quarterfinal duel. Also Read - PV Sindhu, Lakshya Sen Enter Semifinals Of India Open

The world no 22 Indian pair next will be up against top seeds Dechapol Puavaranukroh and Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand.

However, Sameer’s giant-killing run came to an end after he squandered a match point to go down 13-21, 21-19, 20-22 to world no 3 Anders Antonsen of Denmark in a men’s singles quarterfinal contest.

In the opening game, Antonsen was up 5-0 with Sameer looking tentative and struggling with his length, hitting long and wide. The Danish shuttler continued his good run, managing to keep a six-point advantage at the break.

Sameer couldn’t engage his rival in long rallies or put any kind of pressure and also struggled with his shots as Antonsen cantered to eight game points and took the opening game when the Indian went wide again.

After the change of sides, Antonsen opened up a 5-1 lead but Sameer managed to claw back with four straight points. A brilliant cross court net shot helped the Indian to keep it 7-7 before he took the lead as his opponent erred.

However, at the interval, it was Antonsen who held a slender one-point lead. Sameer kept breathing down his neck and grabbed a game point with an onrushing return. He roared back into the contest when Antenson faltered at the nets.

The decider started on a competitive note as the duo were 5-5 at one stage before Sameer moved to 9-6 with a few tricky shots and then held three-point advantage at the interval.

Antonsen regained his focus and drew parity at 13-13 after Sameer erred twice at the net. It was a game of nerves after that as both the shuttlers moved neck-and-neck till 18-18. Sameer then pushed one to the net and won a video referral next to move to 19-19.

Sameer grabbed a match point next with a deep return but found the net next as it was 20-all. Antonsen grabbed a match point with a percise return at the forecourt and sealed the match with a similar shot which the Indian failed to reach.