Real Madrid have denied making an offer for the forward after Televisión Española, a state-owned public service broadcaster in Spain, claimed that a deal of €310m (£274.43m) had been struck for the Brazil international.

Madrid, who have won the last three Champions League titles, denied the reports as “outright false”.

“Given the information issued tonight by TVE on a supposed offer of Real Madrid to PSG and player Neymar, Real Madrid CF said that this information is outright false,” said the club. “Real Madrid has not made any kind of offer to PSG or the player.

“Real Madrid is surprised that Spanish public television has been able to broadcast absolutely false information without anyone from this medium having contacted any of the parties to contrast the alleged information that could easily have been denied.”

Meanwhile, Neymar was the toast of Brazil after his goal and assist helped Brazil beat Mexixo 2-0 in the Round of 16 stage to secure a quarter final berth.

All eyes will be on Brazil as they take on a formidable Belgium in the quarter-finals on July 6 as heavyweights Argentina, Spain, Germany have been shown the door. This is the seventh World Cup in a row that Brazil advances to the quarterfinals, they would certainly like to go the distance but the journey will not be easy.

(Agency Inputs)