World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) legend Hulk Hogan is set to return on the upcoming Monday Night RAW episode. He will be returning four years after he was fired by the WWE on account of racial abuse and using the ‘N’ word. In the show, Hogan will make a special appearance to honour his friend, the late “Mean” Gene Okerlund. The iconic announcer passed away at the age of 76 and the company will be honouring him on the show which will take place at Orlando, Florida.
RAW is set to be a blockbuster as it will also be marked by the return of three of the biggest names in the industry – Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman and John Cena. Earlier, Cena was also featured in the ‘live’ event but this is his first regular show comeback to RAW.
Universal titleholder Brock Lesnar is also set for a return to Monday Night RAW right ahead of pay-per-view event Royal Rumble. Lesnar has been often criticised for not being present on the RAW shows despite being the Universal champion. As the Royal Rumble event approaches, Lesnar will finally make a return.
Here are the planned events for the upcming WWE RAW episode:
– Hulk Hogan makes his return to pay tribute to WWE Hall of Famer “Mean” Gene Okerlund
– John Cena to make his return to RAW
– Braun Strowman and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar return to promote their Royal Rumble match
– Alexa Bliss will have a “Moment of Bliss” talk show with RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey.
– Elias vs. Baron Corbin
– RAW Tag Team Champions Chad Gable and Bobby Roode vs The Revival Lumberjack Match
(Note: Matches are subject to change by the company.)
It will be a good opportunity for Lesnar to address both the fans and his opposition at Rumble, Braun Strowman. While for Cena, he will have to display that he still possesses the charisma that made him one of the greatest-ever in the company.
Cena will return but he will not be a part of the special pay-per-view event, WWE Royal Rumble on the 27th of January.