The year 2018 has been special in the footballing world, there were some special moments of magic which took our breath away. It was also the year of the 21st edition of the FIFA World Cup, which took place in Russia, where Germans were dethroned by the French as the world champions. In 2018, we also witnessed something most fans never imagined- Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid at the age of 33 in a 100 million euros deal to join Italian club Juventus. And then there moments of just pure genius, of teamwork and dedication that ensued in the form of art. Let’s take a look back at some of the most incredible goals of the year.Also Read - Julian Nagelsmann Follows Cristiano Ronaldo's Example as Bayern Munich Seek to Win Champions League
1) Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s 500th career goal: The Sweden international marked his 500th career appearance in typical ‘Zlatan’ fashion. He has made a career out of scoring stunning goals. His acrobatic goal against England a few years back shook the footballing world and he did not stop there, he went on to score some absolutely sublime goals across some of Europe’s biggest club’s. After his move to the Major League Soccer’s LA Galaxy from Manchester United, people said he would be nearing the end to his career. But Zlatan as usual continues to baffle his fans and critics alike.
Also Read - India Blank Nepal 3-0, Win SAAF Championship For 8th Time; Sunil Chhetri Equals Lionel Messi With 80 Goals
2) Cristiano Ronaldo’s Champions League Final Goal against Juventus: A lot of people believe it was this moment when he decided that he wants to move to the Italian club Juventus – in May 2018, Ronaldo scored an absolute ‘worldie’ against them and along with the fans of his then team Real Madrid, even the Juventus fans started applauding him.
Also Read - Leicester City vs Manchester United Live Streaming Premier League in India: When And Where to Watch LEI City vs MAN UTD Live Stream EPL Match Online and on TV
3) Luka Modric’s Stunning FIFA World Cup goal: Modric led his Croatian side to a historic World Cup finals in the 21st edition of the tournament and his performances through the tournament was simply sublime. He orchestrated the midfield and pulled the strings for his team as the ‘underdogs’ went on to defy the odds to finish runners-up in the FIFA World Cup 2018. Modric also won the best player of the tournament title. Here’s his goal that stood-out :
4) Arsenal’s Sensational Team Goal: How many times have we seen Arsenal produce absolute magical goals. This goal by the Unai Emery’s side against Leicester City had art written all over it. There was class, style and technique. This is the kind of goal every team dreams of scoring.
5) Lionel Messi Heroics: They say when Leo Messi is inspired, there is absolutely nothing any opposition footballer can do to stop him and he has proved that over and over again for the past decade. Messi led Barcelona to another La Liga trophy in the 2017/18 season and produced some magical moments for his club. But his goal afor Argentina in the World Cup stood out.
We end 2018 with memories to cherish as football fans, let’s wait and what 2019 has in store for us!