Chennai: In the wake of rising coronavirus cases, the Tamil Nadu government on Thursday imposed several restrictions including a ban on public celebration of religious events and gatherings from April 10. Public worship will be permitted in religious places only till 8pm. Also Read - Video Shows Thala Ajith Snatching A Fan's Phone At Chennai Polling Booth
In addition, social, political, educational, entertainment, sporting and cultural events will be allowed in indoor venues with a maximum capacity of 200 people only. Though offices can run, the government has advised the eligible candidates to take COVID-19 vaccine in order to avoid spread of deadly virus.
Here’s a list of revised rules and guidelines:
- No commuter will be allowed to stand in state transport corporation and private buses.
- Small traders at Koyambedu wholesale market alone banned from April 10.
- Fruit and vegetables shops, shopping malls, large format stores, jewellery stores can operate only with 50% capacity till 11 p.m
- Audiences will not be allowed in playground, IPL should be held without audience in Chennai
- 50 percent capacity at hotels and tea stalls, restaurants allowed to operate till 11 p.m.
- Only 100 persons allowed at weddings and 50 persons at funerals
- E Registration mandatory to enter the state
- Only business to business exhibitions to be allowed
- Only two persons can travel in autorickshaws
- In swimming pools, only sports training will be allowed
- TV serial and film shooting will be permitted, but crew and cast required to get RT-PCR tests