Tamil Nadu Lifts Sunday lockdown, Ends Night Curfew As State Witnesses Marginal Dip In Covid Cases
The Tamil Nadu government on Thursday ordered extension the lockdown norms in the state for two more weeks till February 15 with few important relaxations during the coming days.
Chennai: Owing to the marginal dip in the covid cases, the Tamil Nadu government on Thursday ordered extension the lockdown norms in the state for two more weeks till February 15 with few important relaxations during the coming days. According to the order, from February 1 onwards, physical classes will start for students studying in Standards 1 to 12. However, playschools, LKG and UKG will not function.
Government and private universities, colleges, polytechnics and training centres can function from February 1 (except those which are functioning as Covid centres). The government has also said that there will not be a complete lockdown this Sunday (January 30), as it is being withdrawn.
You may like to read
Here are the new guidelines released by the government:
- Schools and colleges in Tamil Nadu will be reopen from February 1
- The night curfew has been lifted from tomorrow.
- There will not be a complete lockdown this Sunday (January 30)
- The number of guests at weddings has been fixed at 100, while only 50 are allowed for funerals, according to the new rules.
- Places of worship will be allowed to remain open on all days.
- The present 50 per cent occupancy restrictions for restaurants, salons, cinemas, gyms, yoga centres will remain in place.
- No cultural and community events or exhibitions by government or private entities will take place.
To recall, the Stalin government had earlier ordered closure of schools following a spate of infections while permitting classes for higher secondary students till Pongal (mid-January). Later, all the higher secondary schools were asked to remain shut till this month-end.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Tamil Nadu News on India.com.