Chennai: The MK Stalin-led Tamil Nadu government on Friday extended the lockdown for one week, till 12 July with a few more relaxations. “Shops and activities which were allowed till 7 pm shall be operated till 8 pm. Hotels and tea shops can function with 50 percent of customers. Intradistrict & inter-district public transport will be allowed with 50% seating capacity,” reads the order.Also Read - NEET Aspirant Goes Missing From Home in Tamil Nadu’s Namakkal After Checking Answer Key
New Guidelines Below:
- Shops and activities, which were allowed till 7 pm, shall be operated till 8 pm.
- Hotels and tea shops can function with 50% of customers.
- Restaurants have now been allowed to serve dine-in customers at 50% capacity and while adhering to Covid-19 norms.
- Amusement parks can re-open, however, a cap of 50% capacity would apply.
- Gyms can open. IT Offices can now opearte with 50% attendance.
- Cinema halls and bars to stay shut.
- Schools and colleges will continue to remain closed.
- Inter-state private bus transport and international air travel except the ones allowed by the Centre remain prohibited.
- Buses can operate within districts and between districts with the number of passengers capped at 50% of seat capacity. The TN government has removed the requirement of e-passes for inter-district travel.
- Swimming pools, social and political meetings, entertainment, sports and cultural events will not be allowed.
- Weddings and funerals can take place in all districts. A maximum of 50 guests is allowed for a wedding function and not more than 20 people can take part in a funeral.
E-pass/e-registration will be revoked for inter-district travel. But inter-state private and bus transport, international air-travel except the ones allowed by the Union home ministry, cinema theatres, bars, swimming pools, social and political meetings, entertainment, sports and cultural events, schools and colleges and zoological parks remain prohibited. Also Read - NEET UG 2021 Latest Update: 17-year-old Girl Attempts Self-Immolation In Chennai Fearing NEET Scores
“Considering the livelihood and essential needs of the people, and the economy of the state, all the districts will have uniform relaxations from July 5. The previous relaxations will continue to remain in the rest of the state, except the containment zones. All shops that were permitted earlier to operate until 7pm will be allowed till 8pm,” chief minister M K Stalin said in a statement. Also Read - NEET UG 2021: Tamil Nadu Launches Helpline To Counsel Stressful Aspirants, MK Stalin Urges Candidates Not To End Life