Srinagar: The mobile internet services in Kashmir Valley that were suspended in wake of Pulwama attack have been restored at 2G speed, stated news agency ANI on Wednesday. The high speed mobile internet was restored across the Kashmir Valley after the situation was found to be peaceful. Also Read - Jammu and Kashmir Admin Announces Complete Lockdown In 11 districts Amid Spike In COVID Cases

Authorities had suspended the mobile internet services in Kashmir following the deadly Pulwama attack. The precautionary measure was ensured to maintain law and order, stated officials. The mobile internet services were snapped on Saturday in Anantnag, Kulgam, Shopian, Pulwama, Srinagar and Budgam districts, while network speed was throttled in north Kashmir’s Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts. Also Read - Complete Corona Curfew Imposed in Jammu and Kashmir Till Monday Morning

As the situation improved, authorities also relaxed the curfew in the entire Jammu city on Wednesday after its imposition on February 15. The District Magistrate, Jammu, Ramesh Kumar, initially ordered relaxation in the curfew in the entire city from 8 AM to 11 AM and later extended till 3 PM . Also Read - Jammu & Kashmir: Corona Curfew Extended To All 20 Districts, Public Transport To Ply At 50% Capacity

Policemen were seen making rounds of the city early on Wednesday morning to announce the relaxation of the curfew and asked people to resume their normal activities. People in some areas complained of shortage of vegetables, milk and ration and demanded that ATMs be made operational immediately as they are running out of cash.

The Pulwama attack which occurred on February 14 claimed the lives of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel after a suicide bomber attacked a CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district with a vehicle laden with explosives.

The convoy comprised 78 buses in which around 2,500 personnel were travelling from Jammu to Srinagar. The slain jawans personnel were travelling in a bus which came under the terror attack. JeM, a Pakistan-based terrorist group, has claimed the responsibility for the attack which left the bus extensively damaged.

(With Agency inputs)