While there are several surveys that keep doing the rounds, the figures that really matter are the ones released by the Ministry of Tourism. According to the ministry these are the ten most popular states for foreign tourists. The ministry arrived at the data going by the number of foreign tourist arrivals in each of these states. And you may be surprised to learn which one made the top of the list. We start with number 10. Also Read - Reel Life Ram Arun Govil Watches Ramayan Along With His Grandchildren, Picture Goes Viral
10. Goa made a comeback to the top ten list just by the skin of its teeth. In 2015, Goa recorded 0.54 million foreign tourist arrivals.
Also Read - Over 19 People Killed in Massive Forest Fire in China’s Sichuan Province
9. Karnataka that finds itself sandwiched between two tourism superstar states of Kerala and Goa did a good showing as it welcomed 0.64 million tourists in 2015.
Also Read - BWF Freezes Rankings Amid Coronavirus Outbreak, Standings Backdated to March 17 to be Basis For Entry in Future Events
8. Bihar ranked number eight with 0.92 million foreign tourist arrivals
7. While God’s Own Country, Kerala, saw 0.98 million foreign tourists arriving on its shores to rejuvenate themselves.
6. At number seven was Rajasthan that said ‘Khamma Ghani’ to 1.48 million foreign tourists.
5. West Bengal edged past Rajasthan by just 0.01 million more arrivals and finished number five recording 1.49 million foreign tourist arrivals.
4. There was Delhi that came fourth with 2.38 million foreign tourists arriving at its gates.
3. Uttar Pradesh attracted 3.1 million tourists in 2015, a number that isn’t surprising given that it is home to the iconic Taj Mahal.
2. Maharashtra finished second with 4.41 million foreign tourists arriving in the state in 2015.
1. But it was Tamil Nadu that bagged the top spot with a whopping 4.68 million tourists making their way to the southern state in 2015.
This is the second consecutive year when Tamil Nadu topped the Tourism Ministry list. Tamil Nadu has even topped the domestic list as it welcomed 333.5 million domestic tourists in 2015.
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!