From oases to beaches to rain forests, Peru has it all. Located in South America, the country was one of the main centers of ancient civilization and it gives you an opportunity to immerse yourself in history. The varied cuisines and the art of this land is a blend of old and the new world. For people who love mystery and the unexplained, there is the Nazca desert and Machu Picchu. You can also go for a hike or mountain biking on the Andes Mountains or soak in the sun at Miraflores, which is a popular tourist destination. The Miraflores beach is famous among paragliders and surfers. Follow the Inca Trail and it will slowly lead you to the path of self-discovery. With so many interesting places to visit, no wonder the country has been named as an emerging tourist destination at the Lonely Planet Magazine India Travel Awards 2016.But if you still need reasons to visit Peru, we give you 15 Also Read - Exclusive: On Swara Bhasker's Birthday, Director Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari Talks About Her 'Gutsy' Friend
ALSO SEE 15 photos that prove Kerala is the best family destination Also Read - 'Extend Lockdown Period Till April 30 to Contain COVID-19,' CAIT Writes to Centre
1. Machu Picchu (obviously)
2. The Inca Trail
3. A leisurely lunch at the Plaza de Armas
- Photograph courtesy: Shawn Harquail/Creative Commons
ALSO SEE 15 photos that prove Kerala is the best family destination Also Read - Dream11 Team Prediction Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal Nicaragua League 2020: Captain, Vice-Captain And Football Tips For MNG vs OCO Today's Match at Estadio Nacional de Futbol 4AM IST
15 reasons why Jammu and Kashmir is the most romantic destination in India
4. Colca Canyon, which is like the big brother of Grand Canyon!
5. Uros Island… a floating island… made of dried totora reeds!! Yeah!
6. Santa Catalina Monastery
7. This view of the Máncora beach
8. An oasis… something you’ve probably only read about in books and watched in movies.
9. Ollantaytambo, the amazing ancient Inca temple and fortress
10. Paracas National Reserve! Sigh!
11. Choquequirau: The sister city of Machu Picchu
12. The salt mines in Salinas de Maras
13. Every mountaineers dream, Cordillera Blanca
14. The walled complex of Moray surely looks out of this world
15. And finally, Kuelap, the ancient town in the clouds
Have interesting travel photos you’d like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!