The south of India is often one of the least explored regions in the country. With several tourists opting for traditional favorites such as Himachal Pradesh and Rajashtan, sojourns in the south are largely restricted to Kerala, which has emerged as one of the most popular destinations not just among Indian tourists but also foreign travellers. Earlier this year, New York Times named Tamil Nadu as one of the 52 destinations to visit in 2016 and we, in this list of 16 unexplored destinations that should visit in 2016 also named more than a handful of places from south India. If neither of this has made you want to visit south India, we hope these 20 breathtaking pictures from the region will. Also Read - BFI Nominates 5 Boxers And three coaches For The National Sports Awards 2020
And so, without any more ado, we present 20 incredible photographs of South India that will blow your mind! Also Read - India-China Ladakh Standoff: 'Situation Stable And Controllable, All Channels Open For Talks,' Says Beijing
1. The ruins of Hampi
Also Read - Style Tips to Wear Mom Jeans: How to Look Cool Wearing 'Unhip' Denim at Any Occasion
2. The beaches of Gokarna
3. The history of Mysore
4. The architecture of Hyderabad
5. The temples of Visakhapatnam
6. The backwaters of Kerala
7. The fort of Bekal
CHECK OUT A pictorial walk through the ancient ruins in India
8. These unique fishing nets at Kochi
9. The candy-striped lighthouse at the end of the beach in Kovalam
10. The tea estates of Munnar
11. Thrissur Pooram!!
12. The beach at Varkala
13. This landscape of Pondicherry
14. The quaint colonial architecture of Chennai
ALSO SEE This guy decided to sell everything he owned to take a bike ride around the world!
15. The sprawling Chidambaram temple in Tamil Nadu
16. The majestic Meenakshi Temple!
17. The ghost town of Dhanushkodi
18. This boulder at Mahabalipuram!
19. The Shore Temple of Mahabalipuram