Monsoon in India is one of the most eagerly looked forward to time of the year. With the heavens opening up, the entire country turns a million shades of green and the parched earth springs to life again. The dramatic scenery coupled with the pleasant weather makes monsoon a great time to visit some of the states in India which transform into places full of dreamy landscapes and spectacular views. These places make you feel like there is no better time than the monsoons to take a trip across India. (ALSO SEE 10 best monsoon destinations in Maharashtra) We give you 20 amazing monsoon photos from all across India that will tempt you to take a trip at the earliest! Also Read - COVID-19 Bodies to be Sent to Mortuaries Within 2 Hours, Delhi Govt Issues Additional Guidelines
1. The Western Sahyadris that spread across Maharashtra and Karnataka
Also Read - Coronavirus in Delhi: Delhi Police ASI Dies of COVID-19, Second Casualty in Force
2. Cherrapunjee in the northeast Indian state of Meghalaya is one of the wettest places on earth
Also Read - Will Enjoy Samosas Together Once COVID-19 is Over, PM Modi Replies to Australia PM Scott Morrison's Samosa Tweet
3. A glimpse of the amazing Bandra Worli Sea Link in Mumbai during the rains
4. A cloudy day near the Gorur Hemavathi Dam in Karnataka
CHECK OUT 10 reasons why we love Mumbai monsoon!
5. A dramatic scene at the Taj Mahal on a rainy day!
6. The green Munnar in Kerala becomes even greener during monsoon
7. Roads in Kashmir are flanked by such views on cloudy days
8. Jorhat in Assam which is known for its natural beauty gets even better!
DO SEE One day monsoon weekend getaways from Mumbai
9. The rainforest in Karnataka’s Agumbe
10. Rains approaching the hilly region of Maharashtra
11. Even as rains approach the tea plantations, workers continue their routine in Darjeeling
12. The quaint hilly town of Rewalsar in Himachal Pradesh becomes greener than ever!
13. Monasteries in Ladakh’s rugged terrain stand out on cloudy days!
14. A cloudy day in West Sikkim
ALSO SEE 5 best waterfalls near Mumbai that you must visit this monsoon!
15. Rain cloud approaching a paddy field in Tamil Nadu
16. Ratnadurga fort in Maharashtra’s Ratnagiri
17. A rainy day in Khajuraho
18. A fishing village in Kerala on a rainy day
CHECK OUT 7 best places to visit near Pune in monsoon
19. No amount of rain stops people from visiting the Gateway of India in Mumbai!
20. And the several waterfalls that burst out in Maharashtra’s Malshej Ghat!
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to firstname.lastname@example.org, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!