Also Read - Weekend Getaways in November For Traveholic Mumbaikars
One might think of Matheran as a cliched holiday spot which may have become too commercialized due to its popularity. However, Matheran continues to be one of the most beautiful and clean hill stations to visit in Maharashtra. If you are unaware of the reasons that make Matheran an ideal destination to visit with your family, here are five for you: Also Read - Matheran: A Misty Retreat in Maharashtra
CHECK OUT Best one-day monsoon weekend getaways from Mumbai Also Read - How to Experience The Hill Station of Matheran on a Toy Train
1. It is the only hill station in the country which refuses entry to motorized vehicles. As a result, it has succeeded in keeping pollution at bay making it the ideal destination for a breath of fresh air!
2. It is perfect for beginner-level trekkers as it is just a 30-45 minute-trek from the parking lot. From young kids to senior citizens, anyone can easily visit Matheran.
ALSO SEE Best 3-star resorts in Matheran for a relaxing vacation
3. Like most other hill stations in Maharashtra, Matheran provides breathtaking views of the Western Sahyadris. It has as many as 36 viewing points from where you can enjoy the sunset and check out surreal landscapes.
4. It is just around 80 km from Mumbai and 117 km from Pune making it one of the easiest getaways from these two major cities. It’s a blessing to have such a marvelous hill station at such a short driving distance and a crime to still not visit it!
CHECK OUT 10 best hill stations in Maharashtra for weekend getaways in monsoon
5. Matheran is surrounded by several other small hills and trekking delights like Peb and Vikatgadh. A trip to Matheran can be combined with a trek to these beautiful trails with breathtaking views.
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to firstname.lastname@example.org, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!