Also Read - Naagin 5 October 25, 2020 Written Update: Veer Kills Shakura, Veer And Bani Unite To Defeat Their Enemies
If the Civil Aviation Ministry has its way, air passengers in India may soon heave a sigh of relief. The ministry has proposed to bring a positive change to the existing prices for flight cancellation and extra baggage. This move came after the DGCA received numerous complaints from passengers citing irregular refunds of cancelled air tickets. Analysts have confirmed that measures like this will definitely ensure that India stands on par with global standards. Passenger-friendly rules and regulations like these were the need of the hour and the proposed measures will be applicable on both domestic and international flights. Take a look at what changes you can expect: Also Read - IPL 2020 Live Cricket Score RR vs MI, Today's Match 45 Live Updates Online, Abu Dhabi: Archer Stunner Sends Kishan Packing; Surya Solid For Mumbai
Also Read - Naagin 5 Spoiler Alert: Veer, Bani Unite To Defeat Jay's Evil Plan, Mayuri, Shukla's True Face To Be Unveiled
– Cancellation charges cannot exceed the basic fare of the flight
– Compensation for cancelled flights 24 hours ahead of the departure time has been hiked to Rs 10,000
– Airlines have to ensure that the final compensation is done within 15 days even if the tickets were booked through agents.
– No additional charges to be applied on refunds
– If you are denied boarding due to over-booking, you will be entitled to a compensation of Rs 20,000
– Excess baggage will be charged at Rs 100 per extra kg which is now priced at Rs 300
– Passengers with disabilities will also be given better and amended facilities.
ALSO READ Central Railway installs panic button in local trains for womens safety
If everything goes as proposed, the changes will take effect from June 15 and this will give a breather to passengers from the exorbitant fees that airlines otherwise charge.
NOW READ JetBlue Airline apologizes for not letting a passenger board the plane wearing shorts
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!