When you think of Costa Rica, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Jurassic World? Sure! What else? Lush green rainforests and gushing waterfalls? Of course! Some amazing destinations rich and diverse in their flora and fauna? Absolutely! All of this stands true for the nature of this marvelous country located in Central America. However, Costa Rica has made it to the headlines for something different altogether. It has pleasantly surprised the world by running entirely on renewable energy for more than 250 days in 2016.  About 98.1 percent of Costa Rica’s electricity for the year was supplied by renewables while the remaining 1.9 percent came from fossil fuels. Costa Rica is home to a number of rivers and also receives seasonal rains which in turn feed large hydropower facilities resulting in the heavy clean energy supply. After ending 2016 on a clean note, Costa Rica is likely to repeat its success in this regard in 2017 too. It is an adventure lover’s delight with several amazing trails leading to alluring waterfalls, misty crater lakes or deserted beaches dotted with green dense forests.(ALSO SEE These were the 10 most Instagrammed places in India in 2016) Today, we bring you 15 amazing photos of Costa Rica, a country that has set a fine example for the rest of the world and deserves your attention and money. Also Read - 11 Tremors in 3 Months Not Enough? Major Earthquake Likely to Hit Delhi-NCR Soon, Experts Predict Severe Destruction

Hanging Bridges in cloud forest of Monteverde

Coasta Rica 1 Also Read - Watch Pasta Recipe: This is The Easiest Way to Cook Tomato Pasta at Home With Ingredients Available in Your Kitchen



 Rio Celeste waterfall in Tenorio Volcano National Park

Coasta Rica 2 Also Read - AYUSH Kavach App Offers Home-Based Treatment, Users Can Call And Consult Ayurveda-Unani-Homeopathy Experts Through it

Wild Caribbean beach of Manzanillo

Coasta Rica 3



Pool with a view of the Arenal Volcano

Coasta Rica 4

Metal bridge on the way to Volcano Arenal and the district of La Fortuna

Coasta Rica 5

Man relaxing on roots of giant Banyan Ficus tree in tropical jungle of Costa Rica

Costa Rica 6

CHECK OUT 10 stunning New Zealand photos captured by Hungarian travel photographer will leave you speechless

Fumes coming out of the hot Poas volcano lagoon

Coasta Rica 7

Aerial view of resorts in western Costa Rica

Coasta Rica 8

View of both the active and inactive side of Arenal Volcano

Coasta Rica 9

Close shot of Llanos de Cortes waterfall and grotto near Bagaces

Coasta Rica 10

San Juan Lake from Chirripo Peak in the Chirripo National Park

Coasta Rica 11

DO SEE Winning photos from the 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Contest

Famous square in front of National Theater of Costa Rica in San Jose

Coasta Rica 12

Another stunning landscape of Volcano Arenal

Coasta Rica 14

Yet another suspension bridge in a rainforest of Costa Rica

Coasta Rica 13

Lush mountain forests stretching out into the Gulf of Nicoya near the sandy beach of Ballena Bay

Costa Rica 15

NOW SEE

photos

Have interesting travel photos you’d like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to travel@corp.india.com, don’t forget to mention where you’ve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!

Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!