Also Read - 5 Reasons to Visit The Port City of Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam, commonly known as Vizag is a port city on the southeast coast of Bay of Bengal. It is often referred to as “The Jewel of the East Coast” and the “City of Destiny”. While this city is known for heavy industries, steel plants, seaport, natural harbour, and shipyard, it does have quite a few places that one can visit while on a trip to Visakhpatnam. It’s more of an industrial city but the clean, sandy beaches attract tourists. We give you 5 places that you must visit in Visakhapatnam.
1. Museums: Visakhapatnam is home to a few popular museums. A visit to the Submarine Museum and Naval Museum should certainly be a part of your itinerary.
2. Araku Valley: Araku Valley is a scenic hill station in Visakhapatnam district. It can be reached by boarding a slow passenger train from Vizag station. The natural beauty of Araku Valley is something that can’t be put in words.
3. Beaches: Visakhapatnam has quite a few beaches, each of which is absolutely breathtaking. Ramakrishna Beach, Yarada beach and Bheemunipatnam Beach are few of the popular ones.
4. Kailasagiri: Kailasagiri is a short ride from Visakhapatnam. One can enjoy a spectacular view of R.K. beach and Rushikonda beach from atop this hill.
5. Simhachalam: Simhachalam is a Hindu temple known for its architectural splendor. The architectural style of the central shrine is Kalinga architecture.