Starting July 1, Indian Railways is set to change several rules regarding ticket reservations in the hope of benefitting millions of passengers. Here is a list of all the changes in the existing rules and new rules that will be effective from July 1. Also Read - Unlock Phase I in Rajasthan: Hotels, Restaurant, Clubs And Shopping Malls to Reopen From Monday | Details Here
ALSO SEE Facts about the Indian Railways that will surprise you! Also Read - Haryana News: Shopping Malls Except in Faridabad, Gurugram Can Reopen; Restaurants at 50% Capacity
1. From July 1, you will get back 50 percent of the amount after the cancellation of tatkal tickets. Presently, refunds are not applicable on a tatkal ticket. Also Read - We Have Named Her 'Priyanka Twitter Vadra': UP Deputy CM's Jibe at Congress Leader
2. You will get 50 percent refund on cancellation fare for sleeper class, air-conditioned III-tier/3 economy/air-conditioned chair car and air-conditioned-II tier/first class
3. Time for tatkal booking will also change from July 1. For AC booking, tatkal window will be open from 10am to 11am while for sleeper coach, it will be open between 11am and 12pm.
4. Number of coaches on Shatabdi and Rajdhani will be increased.
5. Beginning July 1, only mobile tickets will be valid on Shatabdi and Rajdhani.
ALSO SEE Four new trains in Jammu and Kashmir
6. Suvidha trains will be introduced and it will be similar to Shatabdi and Rajdhani as it will have fewer stops. There will not be any provision for waiting list on these trains. Tickets will be issued to only RAC and confirmed passenger accommodation.
7. You will get 50 percent refund on cancelation of tickets for Suvidha trains.
8. You will be able to book your ticket in various regional language.
ALSO SEE 7 photos of new Indian Railways coaches thatll inspire you to take the train!
9. Premium trains will not run from July 1.
10. You can also avail the wake up call facility to get a call on your mobile phone half an hour before the train reaches the destination.
Have interesting travel photos you’d like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!