Photograph: Shutterstock

Photograph: Shutterstock

The Goa Government has after clearing a lot of commotion decided that neither Sunburn, nor Supersonic will be held in Goa at Vagator and Candolim respectively in the December 15 to January 15 duration next year on. 2015 is definitely the last year when both Sunburn and Supersonic will be held from December 27 to December 30. Also Read - Veteran Congress Leader Satish Sharma Dies at 73

CHECK OUT: Top places to visit in Goa Also Read - New Delhi, Goa and Mumbai Top Booked Destinations by Indians During Valentine’s Week

The state Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar, granted conditional permission  to the organizers of both  the festivals to hold the four-day-long events from today, categorically stated that the government would not tolerate a  clash in the event dates from the next year.  “I called both the organizers (Sunburn’s Percept Ltd and Supersonic’s Viacom 18) and told them that this would not be tolerated. “The dates of both the events should not clash and they should be conducted before December 15 or after January 15 from the next year,” Parsekar said. The government is concerned about heavy traffic and security issues in the state during the peak season, when tourist footfalls rise significantly, he said. Also Read - Mira Rajput Flaunts Her Rs 20K Abstract Print Co-ord in Goa And Husband Shahid Kapoor Goes Flirty Over The Look

Watch video to plan your Goa trip!

Moreover, the government, aiming to attract high-end tourists to Goa, is apprehensive that holding such events during the December 15-January 15 period might turn this category of visitors away owing to the traffic congestion, he said.
In a recent meeting, the State Level Permission Committee (SLPC), constituted by the Chief Minister, had recommended to the state to decide EDM dates and venues from 2016 onwards on its own, as the decision-making that hitherto lay with the organizers has often put the state in a tight spot, an SLPC official said. The local police, too, has raised concerns over maintaining law and order with additional security arrangements at both venues to be managed simultaneously, the
official said. The SLPC on December 24 inspected the venues to check for fire, security, health and other related  arrangements, he  said. After the clash over the venue at Candolim, the two organizers continue to remain adamant over holding their respective music festivals from December 27-30, with neither willing to adjust, despite repeated requests from the state government, he said.

Source: IANS