Also Read - Terrifying Videos of Locust Attack Take Over Twitter; 'What's Wrong With You 2020', Ask Netizens
Ramadan 2016 is underway and Muslim devotees all over the world have started observing fasts that signify abstinence and discipline. Prayers are offered five to six times a day during Ramadan. No matter what part of the world you are traveling to, it is important to be aware of the events around you and religious sentiments of local people you will meet and interact with. It is therefore important to know that there are five types of prayers offered during Ramadan. They are: Also Read - Amid Tensions With China, PM Speaks to Bangladesh's Sheikh Hasina And UAE's Bin Zayed
1. Fajr: This is the dawn prayer and marks the beginning of the days fasting followed by a sunrise Also Read - As COVID-19 Cases Cross 214-mark With 5 Deaths, Himachal Pradesh Extends Lockdown Till June 30
2. Zuhr: The second prayer is the midday player. It is replaced by Jumuah on Fridays characterized men listening to educational speeches delivered by mosque leaders.
3. Asr : This is the afternoon prayer considered to be the middle prayer as per the Koran.
4. Maghrib: The fourth prayer is Maghrib performed typically after sunset. This is when the daily fast is broken with iftar.
5. Taraweeh: This prayer is considered optional and is performed in pairs of two.
(ALSO SEE Ramadan 2016: The purpose of fasting during Ramadan) You should also know the prayer timings for the five prayers during Ramadan. Here is the June 2016 timing schedule for New Delhi:
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!