Himachal Pradesh is home to a number of hill stations and one of the most popular ones is Dalhousie. Located in the Chamba district, it stands tall at an elevation of 2,000m at one of the Dhauladhar range. You can see beautiful snow-capped mountains from the hill station which makes it popular among tourists who come here for some respite from the busy city life. Dalhousie gets its name from the British Governor-General Lord Dalhousie who was the founder of this destination. The hill station still has its colonial charm intact that is seen in its architecture. From Victorian buildings to mansions, you can sample the style everywhere. But most tourists come here to admire its natural beauty that consists of forests, mountains, rivers and valleys. If you love to be in nature’s lap, take a trip to Dalhousie. Our reader Sushant Kanchan who is also an avid photographer visited Dalhousie last December and came back with these wonderful photos. Here are 10 photos from his trip that he’s shared with us. ALSO SEE 5 awesome places you must not miss in Dalhousie Also Read - Centre Mulls Extending Nationwide Lockdown as COVID-19 Cases Near 5000-mark With 124 Deaths | Top Developments
1. The breathtaking Chamera Lake
Also Read - Coronavirus in Gujarat: 14-month-old Toddler Dies of COVID-19 in Jamnagar
2. Admire the Dhauladhar range as you drive along towards Kalatop
Also Read - New York Leads Coronavirus Death Toll With 731 Fatalties in 24 Hours
3. One of the most popular food items in the hills is Maggi
4. The shimmering lights of Chamba
5. This dog surely knows how to stop and admire the view
6. The sky displays its shades as the sun sets
7. And the sky turns yellow-orange with a beautiful sunrise
8. The Indian flag stands tall at the Dalhousie Public School
9. A man who earns his living by being photographed with his rabbits
10. A glimpse of Khajjiar, a popular spot in Dalhousie for tourists
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to firstname.lastname@example.org, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!