An 18-hour train ride from Mumbai will take you to the Chandrapur district in Maharashtra. It is here that the Tadoba Andhari welcomes wildlife enthusiasts to witness the wild cat in its natural habitat. The park is located 45 km from the Chandrapur railway station and 140 km away from the Nagpur airport. We give you five reasons why you absolutely must visit the Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve. ALSO SEE 10 best places to spot tigers in India Also Read - We Have Named Her 'Priyanka Twitter Vadra': UP Deputy CM's Jibe at Congress Leader
1. The Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve is Maharashtra’s oldest and largest national park.
Also Read - Soon After CM Kejriwal's Warning, Delhi Govt Files an FIR Against Private Hospital For Allegedly Violating COVID-19 Norms
2. Its primary attraction is the Bengal tiger. Tadoba is considered one of the best places for tiger-spotting in India.
Also Read - 11 Tremors in 3 Months Not Enough? Major Earthquake Likely to Hit Delhi-NCR Soon, Experts Predict Severe Destruction
CHECK OUT 5 wildlife sanctuaries you can visit during monsoon in India
3. Apart from the Bengal tiger, Tadoba is also home to several Indian leopards, sloth bears, nilgai, striped hyena and chausinga among others.
4. The Tadoba lake sustains the marsh crocodile which were once quite common all over Maharashtra but not anymore.
DO SEE 10 National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries that every wildlife photography enthusiast must visit!
5. Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) has a wonderful resort with comfortable rooms and an adjoining restaurant making it an ideal place for accommodation near the park.
DO you need any more reasons to visit this wonderful getaway for wildlife enthusiasts?
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to firstname.lastname@example.org, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!