Noida: A major fire broke out at Ganga Shopping Complex in Noida Sector 29, reports news agency PTI quoting officials. Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and scores of people were evacuated from the building, a police official said. Nobody was hurt in the blaze that was reported from the NMRC office located on the third floor of the complex around 1.30 pm, Chief Fire Officer Arun Kumar Singh said.Also Read - Gangsters' Flats Worth Rs 1.90 Crore Attached in UP's Greater Noida

NMRC Managing Director Ritu Maheshwari said the fire was triggered at 1.15 pm due to an electrical short circuit. No documents were damaged in the incident and a departmental investigation was launched, she added. Also Read - BREAKING: Fire Breaks Out at Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi, 4 Fire Tenders at Spot

“Thirteen fire tenders in total were rushed to the spot where local police were also deployed and the blaze brought under control within three hours,” CFO Singh told reporters, adding that he personally oversaw the relief and rescue operation. The fire caused damage to the office of the managing director and a large conference room within the NMRC premises, the senior fire-fighter said, adding that the blaze spread quickly due to the presence of a false ceiling. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out at Warehouse in China; 14 Killed, 26 Injured

The Ganga Shopping Complex in the posh Sector 29 of Noida houses several daily utility shops, restaurants and fast-food outlets besides the office of the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) and the Noida Media Club.

(With inputs from PTI)