New Delhi: A man was found dead in his car in which he appeared to have fallen asleep under the influence of liquor leaving the AC of his vehicle on, police said on Monday. Also Read - SP Objects to Use of Red, Green Tiles in Railway Hospital Toilet, Calls it Insult to Party Flag

The body of the man, in his thirties, was found by his brother on Sunday but the family did not lodge any complaint alleging any foul play in the death, they said. Also Read - Two Men Cheat UK-Returned Doctor, Sell Him ‘Aladdin ka Chirag’ For Rs 2.5 Cr in Meerut

The man died of apparently inhaling poisonous gases like Carbon Monoxide emanating from the car’s engine and sucked inside the vehicle’s cabin by the AC, they said. Also Read - Private Schools in Noida Struggle to Get Students Back in Classrooms | Here’s Why

Deceased Sundar Pandit lived in Barola village. He had another home in Sector 107 where he had come on the weekend, a police spokesperson said.

His family members told police that he was a habitual alcoholic. He slept inside his car, which was parked in the basement on Saturday night in an inebriated condition, he added.

Next morning Pandit’s brother found him unconscious in the car and immediately took him to a hospital, where he was declared dead, the spokesperson said.

The family members have carried out the last rites and cremated the body, according to officials of the local Sector 39 police station.

No complaint has been made with the police, who have on their own taken note of the incident and gathered basic information related to the matter, the officials said.