Top Recommended Stories
BJP MLA Mukesh Verma Quits Party, 7th Resignation In 3 Days Ahead Of UP Assembly Polls
Mukesh Verma posted his resignation on Twitter and accused the Yogi Adityanath-led government of neglecting the Dalits, other backward classes, minority communities, farmers and the unemployed people in Uttar Pradesh.
New Delhi: A seventh BJP MLA Mukesh Verma quit the BJP today as exits continued for the third day from Uttar Pradesh’s ruling party less than a month before assembly elections. Mukesh Verma posted his resignation on Twitter and accused the Yogi Adityanath-led government of neglecting the Dalits, other backward classes, minority communities, farmers and the unemployed people in Uttar Pradesh.
- Badaun, Bisauli, Sahaswan, Bilsi, Shekhupur, Dataganj Election Results 2022: BJP Wins Badaun, Bilsi, Dataganj Seats; SP Takes Over Bisauli, Sahaswan, Shekhupur Constituencies
- Meja Election Result 2022: BJP MLA Neelam Karwariya Retains Seat
- Amethi, Tiloi, Jagdishpur, Gauriganj Election Results 2022: SP Wins Amethi, Gauriganj; BJP Takes Over Jagdishpur, Tiloi
Mukesh Verma, an MLA from Firozabad in western Uttar Pradesh, is also an OBC (Other Backward Class) leader like Swami Prasad Maurya and four others who have quit the BJP in the last three days. “Swami Prasad Maurya is our leader. We will support whatever decision he takes. Many other leaders will join us in the coming days,” he told news agency ANI.
“During the tenure of 5 years by the BJP government, no attention was given to the leaders and public representatives of the Dalit, backward and minority communities, and these communities were neglected. Hence, I resign from the primary membership of the Bharatiya Janata Party,” he tweeted roughly in Hindi.
भाजपा सरकार द्वारा 5 वर्ष के कार्यकाल में दलित, पिछड़ों और अल्पसंख्यक समुदाय के नेताओं व जनप्रतिनिधियों को कोई तवज्जो नहीं दी गई व दलित, पिछड़ों किसानों व बेरोजगारों की उपेक्षा की गई। इसकारण मैं भारतीय जनता पार्टी की प्राथमिक सदस्यता से इस्तीफा देता हूँ।@swatantrabjp @JPNadda pic.twitter.com/5NGFBRSHnk
— Dr.Mukesh Verma (@DrMukeshMLASKB) January 13, 2022
Other MLAs who resigned from the UP BJP since Tuesday are:
- Swami Prasad Maurya, also a prominent Other Backward Class leader, had quit the state cabinet.
- BJP MLA Avtar Singh Bhadana quit the party on Wednesday and is joining the Rashtriya Lok Dal, an SP ally.
- Three other BJP MLAs — BJP MLAs Tindwari’s Brajesh Prajapati, Tilhar’s Roshan Lal Varma and Bilhaur’s Bhagwati Sagar — announced their resignation from the party.
- On Tuesday, Vinay Kumar Shakya from Bidhuna, too, announced his resignation.
Several leaders switch sides
- Congress MP Avtar Singh Bhadana on Wednesday joined the Rashtriya Lok Dal, the party chief Jayant Singh Chaudhary said in a tweet.
- Congress MLAs Naresh Saini and Hari Om Yadav, and former Samajwadi Party legislator Dharmpal Singh joined the BJP, reported ANI.
- Meanwhile, BJP MLA Ravindra Nath Tripathi clarified that he had not quit the party after his purported resignation letter was shared on social media
- Tripathi claimed that members of the Opposition parties had forged the letter using his letter pad. He demanded that a first information report be registered in the matter.