In a shocking case of gaming addiction, a 20-year-old boy from Telangana died after constantly playing PlayersUnknown Battleground (PUBG). The boy from Jagitial, reportedly, was taken to a hospital in Hyderabad after he suffered severe neck pain.Also Read - 'I Feel Humiliated': Captain Amarinder Singh Submits Resignation as Punjab CM | LIVE Updates

Admitted in the hospital, the boy was undergoing treatment where he succumbed to the pain. According to reports, the boy had been constantly playing the game for the last 45 days. Also Read - MCI vs SOU Dream11 Team Tips And Predictions, Premier League: Football Prediction Tips For Today’s Manchester City vs Southampton on September 18, Saturday

Recently, the players reported that they were getting health reminder pop-ups on their screens which barred them from playing the game. The pop-up read, “You’ve played the game for six hours today. Please come back at 2019-03-23 05:30:00,” according to a Twitter user who posted a screenshot of the notice online. Also Read - Breaking: 2 Dead, Over 20 Injured in Fresh Blasts In Afghanistan's Jalalabad, Confirms Taliban Official

However, the company said on Saturday that it had fixed the problem after players users complained that they received the reminder even in an hour and a half of playing the game. The issue was reported to have affected only Indian users.

Taking to their official Twitter handle, the PUBG Mobile India tweeted, “We’re aware of the ‘Healthy Gaming System’ issue that many of you are currently facing and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused! Our development team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.” (sic)

After fixing the glitch, the company tweeted, “The ‘Healthy Gameplay System’ error has also been fixed, and you should be able to play uninterrupted. We deeply apologise for the inconvenience.” (sic)

This is not the first time that the game is in unfavourable light for its addiction. Earlier, two young men lost their lives on the railway tracks in Maharashtra after a train ran over them while they were busy playing the online battleground game alongside the tracks. In another case, a young boy from Madhya Pradesh was reported to have undergone an intestinal surgery after he drank acid instead of water, accidentally.