We Indians love to eat! We are absolute foodies and while we absolutely love to gorge on desi dishes, we cannot resist experimenting with food too! We often love to try other cuisines and absolutely love sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and pastas! There’s no cuisine we wouldn’t try and are game for even experimental dishes! While the rest of the world lives on burgers, pastas, pizzas and the likes, for us Indians, it is still an occasional dish, a rarity to be enjoyed. Also, getting a good burger or pasta can often be expensive on your pocket and set you back by quite a good amount. So then, why not try making these at home? They’re easy, delicious and absolutely lip-smacking!Also Read - Binge on These Healthy Alternatives This Festive Season
[ALSO READ: 6 Amazing Kerala dishes you must try right now!] Also Read - Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: 4 Must-Try Sweet And Savory Almond Recipes
1. Morning Breakfast – Black Olives, Jalapeño & Cheese Sandwich Also Read - Raksha Bandhan: Celebrate This Festive Season With Amazing and Delicious Smoothie
• Black pitted olives – 1/2 cup
• Jalapenos – ¼ cup
• Fresh basil leaves – handful
• Mayonnaise – ½ cup
• Cheese spread – ½ cup
• Freshly Cracked Black pepper – to taste
• Extra Virgin Olive oil – optional
• Assorted breads – sliced white / brown / multigrain / whole wheat / daliya / Foccacia / baguette
• Roughly chop olives, jalapenos and basil leaves.
• Fold the chopped ingredients in mayonnaise and cheese spread. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
• Bring the mixture to spreadable consistency by adding some brine from jalapenos.
• Sandwich the spread between toasted sliced bread or baguette or Foccacia.
• To serve, cut in fancy shapes or keep as open sandwiches with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
[ALSO READ: 19 Recipes from different Indian states you must try your hand at this weekend!]
2. Lunch– Tricolor spiral Waldorf salad
• Gourmet Spirali Tricolor pasta – 300 grams
• Field fresh Red Apples diced – 500 grams
• Walnuts, shelled & halved – 100 grams
• Celery – 3-4 stalks
• Lettuce Leaves – 1 bunch)
• Freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
• Salt – to taste
• Mayonnaise (eggless mayo. for veg option) – 1½ cup /as required
• Cook Spirali Tricolor pasta in 3 litres of salted boiling water for 9-11 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Drain well & refresh it with plenty of cold water and keep aside.
• Wash, wipe, core & dice the apples & immerse them in chilled light sugar syrup until ready to use.
• String & cut celery into diamonds and immerse into light sugar syrup along with apples.
• Break lettuce leaves off the bunch, wash and immerse them in iced water to refresh.
[ALSO READ: 6 Amazing Modak recipes that will make you fall in love all over again with this Indian dessert]
3. Evening snacks– Grilled Paneer & Pineapple Burger
• Butter / Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
• Ketchup or Tomato Chilli Sauce – 4 tbsp
• Burger buns, sliced in half – 4 pcs
• Lettuce (optional) – 50 grams
• Squares of grilled paneer – 8 pcs x 50 grams (Marinated in oil & salt and grilled until golden)
• Pineapple Slices, drained – 4 slices
• Spread ½ tbsp butter and tomato & chilli sauce on one side of each burger bun.
• Arrange lettuce leaves on bun.
• Place grilled paneer squares and Del Monte pineapple slices over lettuce. Cover with other half of bun. Serve immediately.
[ALSO READ: 7 Amazingly easy recipes to impress all your friends in an instant!]
4. Dinner – Penne Hawaiian Salad
• Penne Pasta – 300 grams
• Pineapple Slices (tinned) cut into strips – 200 grams
• Red, Yellow & Green Bell Peppers cut into strips – ½ each
• Celery – 2 stalks – cut into diamonds
• Cheese (Processed/Cheddar) – 2 tbsp
• Salt & freshly cracked #Black Pepper – to taste
• Mayonnaise – 1½ cup or as reqd.
• Iceberg Lettuce – 1 head
• Cherry Tomatoes – 6-8 numbers
• Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces – 4-5 sticks
• Fresh Basil Leaves – handful
• Boil Penne Pasta in 3 ltrs of salted water, stirring occasionally for 9-11 mins & then drain well.
• Immerse pineapple slices & bell pepper strips & celery into the sugar syrup from the pineapple can and refrigerate.
• Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water for a minute, drain & refresh it with plenty of cold water.
• Break lettuce leaves off the head, wash and immerse them in iced water to refresh.
• Cut processed or cheddar cheese into diamonds or strips.
• In a clean Glass Bowl take Eggless Mayonnaise.
• Drain all the ingredients and add them to mayonnaise, season it with salt and pepper as per the taste, mix well.
• Garnish it with the remaining pineapple strips, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves & serve cold.
Recipes Credit: Del Monte