Pretoria: If you own a dog, you will know that they absolutely love to chew things. However, this habit turned troublesome for a pooch from South Africa, who ended up in hospital after it accidentally swallowed its female owner’s engagement ring! According to reports, the dog named Pepper was rushed to the Valley Farm Animal Hospital, where vets extracted the ring by administering medication to induce vomiting. Also Read - Watch | Mangalore Woman Risks Her Life, Climbs Down a Well to Rescue Stray Dog

The hospital, later which shared the image of the dog and the X-ray images, on its Facebook page along with a funny caption. “My name is Pepper. Do I look a little nauseous? That’s because the vet has just given me something to make me vomit! Not because the vet is a meanie but because I ate my Mom’s engagement ring!!!”



“Don’t ask! It seemed like a good idea at the time!!” the caption said further.

The hospital also shared pictures of the mischievous dog post the treatment and scans of his belly and the ring that was extracted. Check it out:




The hospital authorities told the media that the ring Peppers ate was a new one and was a diamond ring, which now has been returned to the rightful owner.

Meanwhile, the images have gone viral with netizens being amused at the incident.