The much-awaited episode one of the Game of Thrones Season 8 premiered early morning today in India and last night in the West. As expected, it unravelled mysteries and promised to create more. The episode showed the Winterfell preparing itself to fight with the Army of the Dead. Here are a few highlights from the big episode of GoT. Check out all the interesting takeaways from the premiere episode of Game of Thrones if you missed to watch it: Also Read - Game of Thrones’ Lovebirds Kit Harington Aka Jon Snow - Rose Leslie Aka Ygritte Welcome Their First Child
Daenerys and Jon Snow from Game of Thrones Season 8 (Photo Courtesy: YouTube Video Screenshot/ Game of Thrones)
1. Jon Snow and Daenerys enter the Winterfell with Unsullied, Dothraki and dragons. The reunion of the Stark brother and sisters happen. Also Read - Game of Thrones' Fans' Rejoice! GOT Likely To Have Animated Spin-Off Based on 'Fire And Blood'
2. It is revealed in the first episode that Tormund, who was hinted as dead in the last episode of season 7, is alive. Turns out he will be seen interacting with Jon in the second episode telling him that they have just got the time ‘until the sun comes up’ to prepare for their battle with the Dead. Also Read - Good News For Game of Thrones Fans! HBO Max Confirms Release of Prequel House of the Dragon | Here's When To Expect
Cersei in from Game of Thrones Season 8 (Photo Courtesy: YouTube Video Screenshot/ Game of Thrones)
3. The first episode builds a new mystery around Cersei’s pregnancy. In the last season, it was established that Cersei was pregnant with Jamie’s child. However, in the first episode of the season 8, she is seen having sex with Iron Islands’ chief Euron Greyjoy and also sipping on wine. This means either Cersei has lost her child or the baby is already born which might be established in the upcoming episodes.
Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones Season 8 (Photo Courtesy: YouTube Video Screenshot/ Game of Thrones)
4. Sansa Stark confronts Jon Snow. Daenerys and Jon are having an affair and Sansa doesn’t approve of Daenerys as their new queen. This makes her question Jon, who has given up his title of the King of the North for Daenerys. Sansa asks Jon if he bent the knee for the people of the Winterfell or because he is in love with Daenerys.
Daenerys and Jon Snow from Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 (Photo Courtesy: YouTube Video Screenshot/ GameofThrones)
5. Samwell, insulted by Daenerys, decides to reveal the truth of Jon’s parentage to him. He goes up to him and tells him how he is not the bastard son but the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, which means he is Aegon Targaryen, the rightful heir to the iron throne. This also means that he is having sex with Daenerys Targaryen, who is actually his aunt.
6. Jamie Lannister enters the Winterfell and exchanges a look with Bran who he crippled when he was a child (as shown in the first season).
The next episode shows Sansa and Daenerys in an intense conversation about how they should have never trusted Cersei with her promise of helping them in fighting the army of the Dead. Jon Snow is shown in a panicking mode after realising the Winterfell has only got time till sunrise to prepare for the epic battle. Also, Daenerys is shown approaching Jon in the Winterfell crypts. Does this mean Jon is finally going to tell her about their blood relation in the second episode? Watch out!