Ujjain Simhastha or Kumbh Mela is one of the biggest Hindu religious mela which is held every 12 years in Ujjain city – Madhya Pradesh. Simhastha period starts from 22nd April, 2016 and ends at 21st May, 2016. The auspicius ritual of Shahi Snan will be performed on 22 April 2016, on the day of full moon day according to lunar calendar. ALSO READ: World Heritage Day 2016: These 10 beautiful heritage sites will make you fall in love with India Also Read - Ujjain Kumbh Mela 2016: All you need to know about 'Simhastha Kumbh Mela'
The word Simhasth means when the Jupiter is in Leo according to the Hindu astrology. This occasion is considered auspicious as millions of devotees across the country celebrate this festival with lot of zeal and enthusiasm. This time Kumbh Mela is celebrated in Ujjain city, a sacred place to ancient Indian sages, poets, dramatists, social commentators, tradition, ritual, scholars and inspires Indian Vedic. Also Read - Ujjain Kumbh Mela 2016: Devotees can get images printed on postal stamps during Simhastha Kumbh
We have a list of auspicious dates for Kumbh Mela, we hope on this day God blesses each one of you with his divine blessings. Also Read - Ujjain Kumbh Mela 2016: All you need to know about the Hindu pilgrimage
Auspicious Dates for Ujjain Kumbh Mela:
– 22 April 2016 (Friday) Purnima First Sahi Snaan (Royal Holy Dip)
– 03 May 2016 (Tuesday) Vratparv Vauthini Ekadashi
– 06 May 2016 (Friday) Vaishakh Krishna Amavasya (First pramukh snan)
– 09 May 2016 (Monday) Shukla/Akshey Tritya (Second pramukh Snan)
– 11 May 2016 (Wednesday) Shukla Panchami
– 15 May 2016 (Sunday) Vrishabh Sankranti
– 17 May 2016 (Saturday) Ekadashi & Pradosh Snan
– 19 May 2016 (Thursday) Pradosh
– 20 May 2016 (Friday) Nursingh Jayanti
– 21 May 2016 (Saturday) Purnima Main Shahi Snan
According to mythology Hindus believe that, Lord Vishnu dropped few drops of amrita – the drink of immortality at four different places as he transporting it in a kumbha – pot. Ujjain was one of those four pious and sacred places as identified and now Kumbh Mela is celebrated in this city.