Also Read - Devdutt Padikkal Wants to take Domestic Form into IPL 2021
Virat Kohli announced his arrival in form with a dazzling century against West Indies at Dharamsala in the fourth One-Day International. Although the right-hander scored half-century in his last outing, but century from his bat was much needed given the lean patch he faced since England tour. Kohli scored 127 off 114 balls as he clobbered West Indies bowling attack and made them look ordinary.Here we bring to you five things that you need to know as Kohli smashed yet another century of his career. Also Read - Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju Inaugurates Rowing Centre in Srinagar
1) This is Virat Kohli’s 20th ODI century and he now shares sixth spot with Pakistan’s Saeed Anwar on all-time highest hundreds in ODI cricket. Also Read - IPL 2021 | To Have Captain Virat Kohli at Other End Makes Job Little Easier: RCB's Glenn Maxwell
2) It took Kohli 133 innings to score his 20th ODI ton and with it he became the fastest to reach 20 centuries in ODIs.
3) Kohli who occupies third place on the list for most hundreds for India is now only two centuries behind Sourav Ganguly’s 22 hundreds. Sachin Tendulkar tops with 49 centuries.
4) On most hundreds in ODIs list Kohli along with Sri Lanka’s Kumara Sangakkara and West Indies’Chris Gayle are the only present-day batsmen to feature in Top 10. Gayle has 21 centuries while Sangakkara has 19.
5) Kohli now has three centuries against West Indies in 21 ODIs. He has also scored three against Australia and Bangladesh each. His most ODI centuries are against Sri Lanka (five).