Also Read - Coronavirus: 5 COVID-19 Symptoms That Won’t Seem to go
If running on a treadmill for an hour every day sounds like a form of torture to you, you are not alone. Also Read - Dragon Fruit Benefits: 5 Amazing Health Benefits of This Bright Pink Fruit
Almost everyone faces gym dread from time to time—no matter how much we tell ourselves that working out is great for our health, physical attractiveness and mental clarity, the fact remains: Motivating yourself to go the gym is tough and once you’re there, the workout itself can be boring at best, and painful at worst. Also Read - Colorectal Cancer: A Simple, Cheap Test Can Help Potentially Save Lives, Suggests Research
It has been said that the best workout is the one you will actually do. If that statement is true—and we believe it is—then the key to putting yourself on a regular workout plan is to find one or two workouts you’ll actually enjoy. Gym dread is inevitable to some degree, but with these five enjoyable workouts, it is really not so bad.
1. Zumba: This dance-based exercise has a reputation for catering to the middle-aged crowd, and while Zumba does have a tendency to appeal to housewives, it is actually a fantastic workout choice for any age group—and men can definitely get in on this craze as well.
Zumba offers easy-to-follow dance moves to popular music. The intensity of the workout really depends on the specific instructor, but the best way to ensure that you are torching as many calories as possible is to really make the most of all the movements. Don’t be shy — just let loose and you’ll really reap the benefits of this effective cardio workout.
2. Spinning: Since spinning is essentially a class devoted to intense cardio, it is difficult to imagine that anybody could actually enjoy this workout, which involves riding a stationary bike for the duration of the class.
With that being said, finding a fun spinning class is possible; it is all about looking for the right atmosphere. Brands like Flywheel and Soul Cycle play infectious music to create fun, club-like environments during their classes.
3. Barre: This ballet-inspired workout is not just fun and effective, it is also ideal for anyone who has weak joints: It is a low-impact workout that really strengthens and tones our muscles. There are quite a few major barre studios that play upbeat music and offer amazing camaraderie among class participants, making this an excellent choice if you are looking for a fun workout.
4. Trapeze: Trapeze classes are not for the faint of heart. If you are afraid of heights, this probably is not the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you are a bit of an adrenaline junkie, who is looking for a way to get fit, this might your perfect workout.
It may not sound like much of a workout, but trapeze classes really work your arms, shoulders and core, which can help you look lean and toned.
5. CrossFit: If you are looking for a truly challenging workout that is both intense and fun, look no further than CrossFit.
This drill-style class is no walk in the park, but if getting truly lean and strong, while making friends and pushing yourself to your limits sounds right up your alley, this cult favorite might be exactly what you need.