“Detox” is the new mantra of the 21st century. We seem to be detoxing everything: our wardrobes, relationships, and friends. A major part of our daily routine, however, is still tied down to unhealthy fast food and drinks. Also Read - Forget Chai, It's Monsoon Cocktail Hours
Over the years, the detoxing process has gained a reputation of being difficult and time consuming, which seems like an impossible match for our fast-paced lives. There is a simple way to get around this, try incorporating your detox into a routine that already exists. Also Read - Want to Live a Healthy Life? Have Sex Once a Week
Water is a powerful substance with multiple benefits. We drink gallons of water every day, (well at least some of us do) and one cannot even think of starting a detox regimen without mastering this vital necessity. Also Read - 'Feel Liberated' by Finely Crushing Chutney? Nutrition Expert Rujuta Diwekar's Latest Tweet Gets Twitter Divided Over Gender Roles-Stereotypes
To start incorporating detox into your daily schedule, start by adding tea leaves to your water. Tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have healthy effects on the body, including enhanced brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and more.
At one point or another, you have likely heard or read about the magical elixir that is green tea—nutritionists and gym-goers swear by its benefits. Green tea helps to burn fat by speeding up the metabolic rate releasing energy. It also improves immunity, which is helpful in fighting allergies year-round.
Green tea is also believed to help fight cancer, arthritis and diabetes, and can even prevent degenerative and neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Most importantly, green tea is great at keeping you hydrated during the hot summer months.
Detoxing your body with a routine of daily morning and evening tea can prove monumental for your body. When done as a morning detox, the focus should ideally be on replacing vitamins and electrolytes in the body. As an evening detox, however, it is focused more on flushing toxins out of the body and keeping it healthy. Cleansing your colon is more of a full body detox, and should contain senna leaf, which provides a laxative effect.
Here are a few additional tips to keep in mind before you begin your tea detox:
- Opt for a natural and organic brand of green tea—the last thing you want is to add more chemicals to your body.
- Choose a detox plan that works for you, and stick to it. Remember that this is a process that will take some time to reverse the years of unhealthy habits and built up toxins.
- Be consistent. For example, if you are drinking green tea every day follow the instructions carefully.
- Consult your doctor before starting the detox—be mindful of starting the process while pregnant or sick, and be aware of any medicines you take that may class with the regimen.
- Exercise when you can. Detox only works when you flush out the toxins in an orderly fashion—exercising will boost your efforts and speed up the entire process.