West Bengal: Amit Raj, a class 10 student of Purulia Sainik School, laid his life to save three other children after a major fire broke out in a house near Sainik School campus. According to the reports, Amit jumped inside the house, which was in flames, when he heard the helpless screams of the trapped children. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out In Kolkata's Newtown Area, 3 Fire Tenders Rushed To The Spot

Surprisingly, reports claim that no local people came forward to help the children when the fire broke out. Amit, who got severely burned, was rushed to the nearby hospital, where he took his last breath. Also Read - Mamata Banerjee To Send Rs 10,000 To 9.5 Lakh Students To Buy Smartphones, Tabs

“Amit was not only talented but also owned a golden heart. His helpful nature made him really special,” one of his friends said. “His untimely death has shocked the entire school,” another added. Many of his friends also took to Twitter to pay their tributes to Amit Raj. Also Read - Sainik School Admission 2021: Hurry Up! Last Date To Register Today At nta.nic.in, CHECK Other Details Here